Sell Apps Effectively by Choosing the Right Price
Selling apps today can be a very lucrative business, but you do have to go about it correctly. When you choose to sell apps, you definitely need to sell your apps at the right price. This may very well be the most important decision you make when it comes to selling apps.
As someone who wants to sell apps, it is crucial that you understand that the price is going to be one of the first things a prospective customer sees in the app store. Often, the difference between selling a lot of apps and just getting by is the price. So, it doesn’t matter where to sell apps as much as it matters how much you charge.
Here are some of the top questions you should ask yourself when preparing to sell an app. Consider these issues to help you determine the right price when selling the app:
- Should your app be free? The two main prices when selling apps are free and not free. With free apps, people don’t worry about the risk because they aren’t spending any money. When you charge a price and don’t deliver what the customers bought, there may be repercussions.
- What do similar apps sell for? Look at your competition and consider what they sell their apps for. You should price your apps competitively, but don’t low-ball the price.
- How much is your app worth to the customer? Does your app perform an essential service? If your app brings a great benefit to the people that use it, you can likely charge more when you sell the app.
- Are there similar free apps? How much better is yours? If you have an app that is very similar to a free app that already exists, you might not be able to charge very much when you sell the app. If your app is significantly better, then you have a little more wiggle room.
- Will you offer discounts at a later date? Don’t set your app prices too low if you think you might offer a special deal or a sale later on.
So, as you can see, a critical part of selling apps is choosing the right price. Choosing the right price at which to sell your apps may not necessarily be the easiest thing, but it will help determine your success. Remember, you can always change your prices as you continue selling apps – nothing is set in stone.